Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •600g pork fillets, trimmed and cut into 1cm cubes
- •35g sachet taco seasoning
- •1 tablespoon olive oil
- •8 regular tortillas
- •Olive oil cooking spray
- •300g can corn kernels, drained
- •2 ripe medium tomatoes, diced
- •1 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- •1 ½ cups grated tasty cheese
- •1/3 cup sliced pickled jalapeno chillies
- •Coriander leaves, tomato salsa and lime wedges, to serve
- 1.Combine pork and taco seasoning in a bowl. Toss until pork is evenly coated.
- 2.Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add pork and cook, stirring often, for 5-7 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Wipe pan clean with paper towel and return to heat.
- 3.Spray a tortilla with oil and place into the pan over medium heat. Sprinkle evenly with pork, corn, tomato, coriander, cheese and chillies. Cover filling with a tortilla and spray with oil. Cook for 3 minutes or until tortilla base is golden. Flip quesadilla onto a plate and slide it back into pan with the uncooked side-down. Cook for 3 minutes or until tortilla is golden and filling is hot. Transfer to a chopping board and cover with foil to keep warm. Cook remaining quesadillas.
- 4.To serve, cut quesadillas into quarters. Scatter with coriander leaves. Serve with tomato salsa and lime wedges.