Pork rissoles with peas, bacon and potato
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •800g lean pork mince
- •4 spring onions, finely chopped
- •½ bunch parsley, finely chopped
- •1 ½ cups fresh breads crumbs
- •1 egg
- •Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- •3 tablespoons oil
- •4 cups frozen green peas, cooked & drained
- •4 rashers Australian bacon, diced and cooked until crispy
- •2 potatoes cubed, and baked (optional)
- •Tomato or BBQ sauce to serve
- 1.Combine the pork mince, spring onions, parsley, fresh crumbs, egg and black pepper in a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- 2.Divide the pork mixture into 12 equal portions and roll into balls, flatten slightly to form rissoles. Place rissoles onto a tray and refrigerate until required.
- 3.Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the rissoles over a medium heat for 6 minutes each side turning frequently. Allow rissoles to rest in a warm oven 4-5 minutes prior to serving.
- 4.Serve pork rissoles with hot buttered peas, baked potatoes and crispy bacon pieces.
Note: potatoes can be replaced with cooked chips.