Pork san choy bau
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 10 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •800g pork mince
- •1 tablespoon oil
- •1 teaspoon sesame oil
- •1 small onion, finely chopped
- •1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- •1 small carrot, finely diced
- •140g can water chestnuts sliced and chopped
- •3 tablespoons Kecap Manis sauce (sweet Soy)
- •2 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce (optional)
- •16 baby Cos lettuce leaves, washed
- •Bean sprouts
- •Sliced spring onions
- •Carrots, julienned
- •¼ cup coriander, chopped
- •1 long red chilli, sliced
- 1.Heat a wok or deep frying pan over a high heat for 2 minutes.
- 2.Add the oil and sesame oil, then sauté the onion, garlic, diced carrot and water chestnuts, stirring for 1-2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- 3.Add the pork mince to the pan and brown well for 4-5 minutes.
- 4.Return the onion mixture to the wok with the Kecap Manis sauce and Sriracha sauce and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
- 5.To serve, spoon pork mixture into the prepared lettuce leaves and garnish with bean sprouts, sliced spring onions, julienne carrot, chilli and coriander.