Pork San Choy Bow
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 10 minutes
Serves 4 people
San Choy Bow more like San Choy WOW, this crowd pleaser will leave you with empty plates at dinner time.
- •500g pork mince
- •1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- •1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- •½ cup san choy bow sauce (homemade or store bought)
- •12-16 baby cos lettuce leaves, trimmed and chilled
- •Shredded carrot, to serve
- •Coriander leaves (optional), to serve
Quick San Choy Bow sauce
- •1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- •2 tablespoons salt reduced soy sauce
- •2-3 teaspoons caster sugar or honey (to taste)
- •1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1.Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes until tender.
- 2.Add pork. Cook, breaking up the mince, for 4-5 minutes until lightly browned.
- 3.If preparing homemade sauce combine all ingredients listed in a bowl. Whisk until smooth and well combined.
- 4.Add san choy bow sauce. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium.
- 5.Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-6 minutes until hot and bubbling.
- 6.Spoon pork mixture into lettuce cups.
- 7.Sprinkle with shredded carrot and coriander (if using) and serve.