Pork Sausage and Mozzarella Pizzas
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 (about 330g) pork or Italian-style pork sausages
- •2 store-bought (about 25cm) pizza bases
- •1/3 cup pizza sauce or tomato paste
- •¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes (optional)
- •12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- •1 ½ cups grated mozzarella cheese
- •Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- •Basil or baby rocket leaves, to serve
- 1.Preheat oven to 240°C fan-forced. Place pizza bases on two pizza or baking trays.
- 2.Spread each pizza base with pizza sauce or tomato paste. Sprinkle with chilli flakes if liked.
- 3.Open sausage casings and dollop approx. 1cm rough balls of the sausage mixture over each pizzas. Top with tomatoes. Evenly sprinkle with mozzarella.
- 4.Bake pizzas for 12-15 minutes or until base is golden and sausages are browned.
- 5.Drizzle pizzas with a little extra virgin olive oil. Scatter with basil or baby rocket leaves and serve.