Pork Sausage and Pea Oven Baked Risotto
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 45 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •500g pork sausages (of your choice, see tip)
- •2 tablespoons olive oil
- •40g butter
- •2 leeks, white part only, trimmed and thinly sliced
- •1 medium brown onion, finely diced
- •4 cups chicken stock
- •2 cups Arborio rice
- •1 cup finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- •1 cup frozen peas
- •1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1.Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Heat oil in a large oven-proof casserole pan over medium heat. Add sausages and cook, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Transfer sausages to a plate.
- 2.Add butter to casserole pan and melt over medium heat. Add leeks and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until softened.
- 3.Meanwhile, pour stock into a medium saucepan and heat over a medium heat until gently boiling.
- 4.Stir rice through leek mixture. Add hot stock and bring mixture to the boil. Slice sausages and stir through rice mixture. Cover and bake for 15-20 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and rice is tender.
- 5.Stir through parmesan and peas. Season with salt and pepper. Stand for 5 minutes or until peas are heated through. Serve risotto sprinkled with extra parmesan and chopped parsley.
There is a wide range of pork sausages available. We used pork and fennel – they are perfect in this risotto.