Pork sausage & button mushroom stroganoff
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 30 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •1 tablespoon olive oil
- •500g thin pork sausages, cut into 2cm-thick slices
- •1 brown onion, finely diced
- •2 garlic cloves, crushed
- •200g button mushrooms, sliced
- •1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- •1 teaspoon plain flour
- •1 tablespoon tomato paste
- •1 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- •2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- •½ cup sour cream
- •1/3 cup finely chopped chives
- •Pappardelle or fettucine pasta, to serve
- 1.Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add sausages and cook, turning occasionally, for 6-8 minutes until golden on all sides. Transfer to a plate.
- 2.Add onion, garlic and mushrooms to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes until onion is tender and mushrooms are golden.
- 3.Sprinkle paprika and flour over mushroom mixture. Stir in the tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually add stock and Worcestershire sauce to pan, stirring constantly, until well combined.
- 4.Add sausages to pan. Stir until well combined and mixture comes to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, partially cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until sausages are cooked through. Stir through sour cream and chives. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with pappardelle or fettucine pasta. Sprinkle with extra chopped chives to serve if liked.