Pork Sausage Mummies (Hallowieners)
Prep time 5 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 3 people
- •6 pork chipolata sausages
- •1 sheet puff pastry
- •1 egg, beaten
- •1 slice cheese (for eyes)
- •10g olives, sliced (for eyes)
- •Tomato sauce, to serve
- 1.Pre-heat the oven to 230°C.
- 2.Cut sheet of puff pastry into 1-2 cm strips, depending on how you would like your mummies to look.
- 3.Wrap your pieces of pastry around your sausages, varying the direction of the pastry to create the full mummy effect. Remember to leave a small gap for the eyes.
- 4.Brush the surface of the of each pork sausage mummy with the beaten egg.
- 5.Bake the pork sausage mummies in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes until the mummies are puffed and golden.
- 6.To create the eyes for your mummy sausages, cut small circles out of your slice of cheese using a small sharp knife. These will form the base of your eyes.
- 7.For the pupils of the eyes, cut out small sections of your olive slices.
- 8.Secure cheese base and olive pupils with a drop of mustard.
For a delicious difference, wrap the sausages in salami, bacon or prosciutto or sprinkle with grated cheese prior to rolling in the pastry.