Pork schnitzel with a sage and Parmesan crust
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 pork leg schnitzels
- •50g plain flour
- •Salt and pepper
- •2 eggs
- •½ cup water
- •200g Panko crumbs
- •10 sage leaves, finely chopped
- •¼ cup continental parsley, finely chopped
- •¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- •Oil for shallow frying
- •Salad to serve
- 1.Flatten pork leg steaks with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- 2.Dust pork schnitzels with seasoned flour and shake off excess.
- 3.Dip each schnitzel into beaten egg and water.
- 4.Press schnitzel firmly into the combined crumbs, herbs and Parmesan cheese.
- 5.Heat oil over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes and shallow fry each schnitzel until golden. Drain on absorbent paper.
- 6.Serve hot with salad and crusty bread.
Sage may be replaced with lemon zest or oregano.