Pork schnitzel with chips & salad
Prep time 20 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 x 300g pork loin steak
- •1 cup plain flour
- •Salt & pepper
- •2 eggs
- •3/4 cup water
- •2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- •Oil for shallow frying
- •250g potato chips
- •100g baby spinach leaves
- •50g Kalamata olives
- •Tomato sauce
- 1.Place the pork loin steaks onto a flat board and cover with steaks with baking paper or plastic wrap.
- 2.Gently flatten loin steaks with a meat mallet. Turn steaks and repeat on the other side.
- 3.Combine the flour salt & pepper on a large plate.
- 4.Place the Panko crumbs in a shallow dish.
- 5.Lightly dust the pork steaks with seasoned flour, shake off excess and dip each steak into the egg wash mix then press each steak into the Panko crumbs firmly on both sides.
- 6.Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- 7.Place the steaks into the pan and cook each steak on each side for 4-5 minutes until golden, carefully turn and cook for a further 4-5 minutes until golden and crisp.
- 8.Remove pork schnitzels from the pan and rest in a warm oven 4-5 minutes.
- 9.Serve pork schnitzels with baby spinach leaves and olives with a little tomato sauce on the side.
Pork schnitzels may be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated until required.