Pork spaghetti Bolognese
Prep time 12 minutes Cook time 1 hour 10 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •2 tablespoons olive oil
- •1 brown onion, finely chopped
- •1 celery stick, finely chopped
- •1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- •500g pork mince
- •2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- •1 tablespoon tomato paste
- •750g jar tomato passata sauce
- •2 bay leaves
- •¼ cup basil leaves, chopped
- •400g spaghetti grated parmesan and basil leaves, to serve
- 1.Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- 2.Add onion, celery and carrot. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softening.
- 3.Add pork mince and garlic. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until mince changes colour.
- 4.Stir in tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- 5.Stir in tomato passata and bay leaves. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes.
- 6.Uncover and simmer until sauce thickens slightly.
- 7.Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 8.Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente.
- 9.Drain spaghetti. Toss spaghetti through the Bolognese sauce.
- 10.Sprinkle with parmesan and basil leaves and serve.