Pork steak with cheesy potato bake & Greek salad
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 1 hour 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 lean pork steaks, 2cm thick
- •Oil for brushing
- •6 medium potatoes, peeled & thinly sliced
- •2 onions, sliced thinly
- •1 cup chicken stock
- •300ml cooking cream
- •Salt & pepper to taste
- •2 cups grated cheese
- •3 Lebanese cucumbers, diced
- •10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- •1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- •100g feta cheese, cubed
- •50g Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1.Brush each pork steak with oil on both sides. Refrigerate until required.
- 2.In a large mixing bowl combine the sliced potato, onion and cream. Season with salt & pepper.
- 3.Place the potato mixture into a medium square baking dish and press mixture firmly. Pour over a little chicken stock to moisten the potato.
- 4.Sprinkle over the grated cheese and bake in a preheated oven 180⁰C for 1 hour until tender and golden brown.
- 5.Toss together the salad ingredients and place in a serving bowl.
- 6.For the pork steak, heat the griddle pan over a medium heat 2-3 minutes.
- 7.Cook pork steaks 6 minutes on one side, turn over and cook for a further 2 minutes on other side. Remove steaks from the pan and allow to rest for a final 2 minutes before serving.
- 8.Serve pork steaks with Greek salad and potato bake.
Potato bake can be made ahead of time and heated when required.