Pork steak with super grain salad
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 lean pork leg steaks
- •1 tablespoon oil
- •Salt and pepper
- •1 cup bulgar wheat, soaked & drained
- •1 ½ cups barley or yellow lentils cooked & drained
- •2 roma tomatoes, de-seeded and diced
- •½ red capsicum, diced
- •1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- •3 spring onions, finely chopped
- •½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- •1 pomegranate, seeds collected
- •1 lemon juiced and zested
- •¼ cup pomegranate molasses
- •2 tablespoons olive oil
- •½ teaspoon sumac, ground
- •¼ cup water
- 1.Brush the pork steaks with a little oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 2.Preheat the griddle pan for 1-2 minutes over a medium heat.
- 3.Place the pork steak in the griddle pan and cook for 6 minutes, turn the steak and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- 4.Remove steak from the pan and rest in a warm place for 2 minutes.
- 5.Combine the cracked wheat and barley in a large bowl with the prepared tomatoes, capsicum, red onion, spring onions, parsley and pomegranate seeds, toss well.
- 6.Place the dressing ingredients into a large jar and shake well to combine. Pour dressing over the salad.
- 7.Just prior to serving toss salad well to coat with dressing. Serve salad with the juicy pork steak and garnish with basil leaves.
Pork leg steaks may be replaced with pork loin steak, pork scotch fillet steak or pork fillet medallions.