Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •700g lean pork mince
- •1 tablespoon oil
- •1 onion, finely chopped
- •40g taco seasoning
- •400g red kidney beans
- •100g tomato paste
- •¼ cup water
- •12 taco shells
- •2 cups lettuce, shredded
- •3 tomatoes, diced
- •1 ½ cups cheese, grated
- •Salsa and sour cream to serve
- 1.Heat oil in a large frying pan over a high heat and brown pork mince and onion well.
- 2.Stir in the taco seasoning, red kidney beans, tomato paste and water. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- 3.Warm taco shells in the preheated oven just prior to serving.
- 4.Fill taco shells with spoonfuls of pork taco mix, top with shredded lettuce, diced tomato and grated cheese. Garnish with salsa and sour cream.
This mixture may be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator 48 hours or frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.