Pork, Tomato & Chilli Potato Bake
Prep time 20 minutes Cook time 1 hour 25 minutes
Serves 6 people
- •1.5kg diced pork scotch fillet
- •2 tablespoons olive oil
- •1 brown onion, diced
- •1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- •2 tablespoons plain flour
- •2 tablespoons tomato paste
- •1/3 cup water
- •2x 400g cans whole cherry tomatoes
- •½ cup Sicilian (green) olives
- •500g washed potatoes, thinly sliced
- •½ cup finely grated parmesan
- •Crusty bread, to serve
- 1.Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Brown pork in batches. Transfer to a bowl.
- 2.Add onion and chilli flakes to pan and cook, stirring often, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Sprinkle flour over onion mixture and stir until combined. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 3.Gradually add water, stirring constantly, until combined. Stir in tomatoes & olives. Bring mixture to the boil. Stir through pork. Transfer mixture to an 8-10 cup (about 8cm deep) baking dish.
- 4.Arrange potato slices, overlapping slightly, over casserole. Brush with remaining olive oil and cover loosely with a sheet of baking paper then foil. Bake for 1 hour or until pork is tender. Sprinkle parmesan over potatoes and cook, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Serve with crusty bread