Pork Turf ‘n’ Surf with Chimichurri
Prep time 25 minutes Cook time 35 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •2 x 400g thick pork fillets, trimmed
- •2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- •2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- •12 large green prawns, butterflied lengthways, deveined, rinsed and dried
- •2 lemons, quartered
- •Rocket leaves, to serve
- •1 cup mixed fresh herbs, like flat-leaf parsley, basil and coriander
- •1 garlic clove, finely minced
- •1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- •¼ cup olive oil
- •1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1.To make the chimichurri dressing, place herbs, garlic, vinegar and oil in a small food processor. Process until finely chopped. Stir through chilli and set aside.
- 2.Preheat a char-grill pan over medium heat. Combine oil and garlic in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Brush pork and prawns with garlic oil. Char-grill pork, turning often, for 20-25 minutes or until almost cooked though. Transfer pork to a board, cover with foil and set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- 3.Meanwhile, char-grill prawns in batches for 2-3 minutes, turning once, until flesh is just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Char-grill lemons for a few minutes each side.
- 4.Slice pork. Arrange pork, prawns, lemons and rocket leaves on serving plates. Drizzle with chimichurri and serve.