Pork & Watercress Salad with Green Pea Pesto
Prep time 30 minutes Cook time 30 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •2 x 350g pork fillets
- •2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- •1 tablespoon olive oil + extra to serve
- •200g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- •200g snow peas, trimmed
- •4 cups watercress sprigs, rinsed, dried and chilled
- •lemon wedges, to serve
Green pea pesto
- •1 ½ cup frozen green peas
- •2 garlic cloves, crushed
- •½ cup mint leaves
- •½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- •2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1.Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Place pork onto baking tray lined with baking paper. Combine vinegar and oil in a small bowl. Drizzle over pork and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and set aside to rest for 15 minutes.
- 2.To make the green pea pesto, place frozen peas into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 minutes or until vibrant and defrosted. Drain well and transfer to a small food processor. Add mint, oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Process until finely chopped and a smooth paste forms.
- 3.Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add sugar snap peas and snow peas. Cook for 1 minute. Drain, refresh in cold water and set aside to dry. Halve sugar snap and snow peas diagonally.
- 4.Thinly slice pork. Arrange watercress, sugar snap and snow peas and pork on serving plates. Serve with green pea pesto and lemon wedges.