Prosciutto, Mozzarella & Pesto Garlic Bread
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 6 people
- •1 loaf (about 30cm long) sourdough bread
- •75g softened butter
- •3 garlic cloves, crushed
- •1/3 cup store-bought basil pesto + extra to serve
- •2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- •12 thin slices Australian prosciutto
- •1 tablespoon olive oil + extra for brushing
- •Basil leaves, to serve
- 1.Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- 2.Slice bread at 2cm intervals (12 times), slicing three-quarters of the way through the loaf (ensure you do not slice all the way through). Set aside.
- 3.Combine butter, garlic and 2 tablespoons basil pesto in a bowl. Season well with salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Spread butter mixture on each side of sliced bread. Insert the grated mozzarella into each incision, then insert a slice of prosciutto into each.
- 4.Place loaf onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Brush bread with oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese melts and the bread is hot and golden.
- 5.Combine remaining 2 tablespoons basil pesto with 1 tablespoon oil in a small bowl. Serve bread with a drizzle of the pesto mixture. Scatter with basil leaves and serve.