Pulled Pork Quesadillas
Prep time 20 minutes Cook time 25 minutes
Serves 4 people
Get the whole family involved with these Pulled Pork Quesadillas.
- •1 tablespoon olive oil
- •1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- •400g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- •2 x 125g cans corn kernels, drained
- •200g punnet grape tomatoes, quartered
- •3 cups (450g) pulled pork – (see the description section above for the recipe)
- •8 regular flour tortillas
- •2 cups shredded three cheese blend or tasty cheese
- •Diced avocado and coriander leaves (optional)
- 1.Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- 2.Add pulled pork, beans, corn and tomatoes. Stir until combined and cook for 3-4 minutes or until hot. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3.Transfer pork mixture to a bowl. Wipe the pan clean.
- 4.Place 4 tortillas onto a flat surface. Spoon a quarter of the pork mixture onto each tortilla, leaving a 1cm border.
- 5.Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with remaining tortillas.
- 6.Heat the frying pan over medium heat. Place a quesadilla in pan and cook for 3 minutes or until golden.
- 7.Turn quesadilla over and cook for a further 2 minutes or until golden and cheese has melted.
- 8.Transfer to a tray and keep warm. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
- 9.Cut quesadillas into quarters. Sprinkle with avocado and coriander if liked and serve.