Pulled pork sliders with crunchy slaw
Prep time 45 minutes Cook time 6 hours
Serves 24 people
- •2kg pork shoulder, cut into 2 or 3 pieces
- •1 onion, roughly diced
- •1 stalk lemongrass, bruised
- •2 garlic cloves, crushed
- •2 tablespoons grated ginger
- •½ cup char siu sauce
- •½ cup rice wine vinegar
- •1 tablespoon soy sauce
- •2 tablespoons brown sugar
- •1 cup shredded cabbage
- •1 cup shredded red cabbage
- •1 carrot, shredded
- •6 snow peas, trimmed and finely shredded
- •2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- •1 red chilli, seeded and finely sliced (optional)
- •2 tablespoon Kewpie mayonnaise
- •24 small brioche buns or 6 regular brioche buns
- •Gherkins to serve
- 1.Place the chopped onion and lemon grass into a heavy base slow cooker or large pot and place pork on top.
- 2.In a bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, char siu sauce, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and sugar.
- 3.Pour the sauce over the pork and cover with a piece of baking paper and place the lid on top. Put the slow cooker or stove on low heat and cook for 6 hours. (If using leftover cooked roast, simply cook till heated through and soft)
- 4.Once cooked, place the pork onto a large tray that will collect the juices and gently pull the meat apart with two forks.
- 5.Once all the pork has been pulled, mix in with the pan juices to moisten. Cover and keep warm.
- 6.For the slaw, use a large mixing bowl to toss together the salad ingredients together and toss through with Kewpie mayonnaise (to your liking).
- 7.Assemble the slider by lightly toasting the buns and topping with the pulled pork and Asian slaw. Serve with gherkins on the side.