Roast loin of pork with a turkey and cranberry stuffing
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 1 hour 50 minutes
Serves 6 people
- •1 x 1.5kg loin of pork, rind on
- •Salt and pepper to season
- •400g turkey breast, diced
- •150g cranberries
- •100g fresh bread crumbs
- •100g butter, melted
- •4 thyme leaves, chopped
- •¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- •Flaked salt
- •Skewers and kitchen string
- •Roast vegetables
- 1.Season pork with salt and pepper and lay pork loin on a board rind side down.
- 2.In a large mixing bowl combine the turkey mince, cranberries, bread crumbs, melted butter and herbs and mix well.
- 3.Place the seasoning into the centre of the pork loin and press firmly into a sausage shape.
- 4.Roll loin and skewer edges together. Lace the skewers tightly together with cooking string and place the loin skewer side down into the baking dish.
- 5.Rub the pork loin with oil and sprinkle with flaked salt.
- 6.Roast pork in the preheated oven at 220°C for 25 minutes then reduce temperature to 180°C for 25 minutes per 500g. Remove and rest for 15 minutes.
- 7.Serve hot with vegetables and gravy.
Turkey may be replaced with prosciutto and nuts or chicken breast.