Roast pork fillet Waldorf salad with apple cider dressing
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 30 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •1 x 600g pork fillet, trimmed
- •1 tablespoon lemon pressed olive oil
- •Salt and pepper to season
- •Crusty bread to serve
- •2 granny smith apples, cored and diced
- •3 sticks celery, sliced
- •2 red delicious apples, thinly sliced
- •1 red onion, thinly sliced
- •1 cup walnut halves
- •¼ cup continental flat parsley
- •½ cup egg mayonnaise
- •¼ cup apple cider
- •Freshly ground black pepper
- 1.Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2.Season pork fillet with salt and pepper. Drizzle with lemon oil and place in an ovenproof dish. Roast pork fillet in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes. Remove and allow the fillet to rest for 10 minutes.
- 3.In a large bowl, toss together the apples, celery, walnuts, red onion and parsley.
- 4.In a small bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients until well they are combined.
- 5.Slice the pork fillet diagonally.
- 6.Arrange the salad on a large serving platter, top with the roasted pork fillet and drizzle with the dressing.
- 7.Garnish with cracked black pepper and serve with warm crusty bread.