Roast Pork Fillet with Garlic Butter
Serves 2 people
As a super lean cut, pork fillet is usually seen as a health food option. However, with a heady and aromatic hit of garlic butter, it becomes as decadent as can be. Just be sure not to overcook the pork. It is best served medium-well, which means removing from the oven at medium and allowing it to rest through. Internal temperature should be 62°C when taken out of the oven.
- •2 400g pork fillets, silverskin removed*
- •sea salt flakes and freshly-ground black pepper
- •1 tablespoon oil
- •2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- •8 cloves garlic, minced
- •½ bunch chives, finely snipped
- 1.Preheat oven to 230°C. Season the pork generously with salt and pepper, then rub with oil.
- 2.Mix the butter, garlic and chives, then season with salt.
- 3.Arrange the pork in a lined roasting pan and bake for 5 minutes.
- 4.Continue roasting for a further 10 minutes, turning often, brushing with the garlic butter mixture regularly, until the pork is just firm to touch and cooked to medium.
- 5.Rest for 4 minutes, then carve and serve.