Roast pork leg with crackling, roasted vegetables and apple sauce
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 2 hours 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •1.8-2kg pork leg roast, boneless, rind on
- •Sea salt
- •Roasted potatoes
- •Roasted carrots
- •Roasted parsnip
- •Roasted pumpkin
- •Steamed beans
- •Steamed broccoli
- •1 cup apple sauce
- •¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- •½ lemon, zested
- 1.Preheat oven to 240°C.
- 2.Pat pork leg roast dry with paper towel and score the rind with a Stanley knife or scalpel finely if it has not already been done.
- 3.Rub the surface of the rind with a little oil and sea salt.
- 4.Place the pork roast into a large baking dish and roast in the preheated oven at 240°C for 40 mins then reduce the temperature to 180°C for 30-35 minutes per kg. Roast until the juices run clear. Allow to stand in a warm place for 20 mins prior to serving.
- 5.Meanwhile, combine the apple sauce, cinnamon, and lemon zest in a small saucepan and heat over a low heat until the mixture boils. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
- 6.Serve pork roast on a large platter with roasted vegetables, steamed greens and apple sauce to carve at the table.