Roast Spare Ribs in Cherry-Bourbon Sauce
Serves 6 people
Like its partner cut the pork belly, pork spare ribs are a dream to roast. Being slightly thinner, they cook quicker too (about half the time, depending on the actual cut). This recipe will give you crisp crackling and succulent meat – the perfect combination.
- •800g pork spare ribs
- •sea salt flakes and freshly-ground black pepper
- •2 tablespoons oil
- •2 cups sautéed vegetables (onion, celery, garlic)
- •2 cups frozen cherries
- •½ cup bourbon
- •1 cup beef stock
- 1.Preheat oven to 220°C. Season the spare ribs generously with salt and pepper, then rub with oil.
- 2.Arrange the vegetables, cherries and pork (skin side-up) in a roasting pan, then bake for 30 minutes.
- 3.Pour in the bourbon and stock, reduce oven to 150°C, then bake for a further 1 hour.