Roasted cuban pork hocks
Cook time 1 hour 30 minutes
Serves 6 people
- •6 pork hocks, frenched short bones
- •2 tablespoons olive oil
- •¼ cup blood orange juice
- •3 tablespoons chopped oregano
- •3/4 cup demerara sugar
- •½ teaspoon ground all spice
- •½ teaspoon chilli paste
- •Rice pilaf
- •Black beans
- 1.Combine oil, orange juice, oregano, sugar, all spice and chilli paste in a non-metallic bowl.
- 2.Marinate the hocks for several hours or overnight.
- 3.Place hocks and marinade into a baking dish and cook in the preheated oven at 170⁰C covered for 1 ½ hours.
- 4.Serve hot with rice pilaf and black beans.
Hocks may be replaced with pork scotch thick cut steaks if you are barbecuing.