Roasted pork loin with crackling roast vegetables, gravy and apple sauce
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 1 hour 20 minutes
- •1 x 1.8-2kg pork loin roast
- •2 tablespoons oil
- •1 tablespoon sea salt
- •1.5kg roasted vegetables (potatoes, pumpkin, carrots and parsnip)
- •200g baby peas
- •600ml gravy
- •200ml apple sauce
- 1.Remove pork loin roast from packaging taking note of weight and pat dry with paper towel.
- 2.Place roast onto a wire rack in the kitchen sink and pour over a jug of boiling water. Pat the rind dry with paper towel.
- 3.Rub the rind well with oil and sea salt massaging well into the scored areas.
- 4.Place the pork loin roast on a wire rack in a deep roasting pan, then place in preheated oven at 240⁰C for 40 minutes. Do not open oven door during this period.
- 5.Reduce oven temperature to 180⁰C for the remaining cooking time allow 30-35 minutes per kg. (Roast prepared vegetables now).
- 6.Remove pork from the oven and allow to rest in the roasting pan for 10-15 minutes prior to slicing.
- 7.Slice loin and serve with roasted vegetables, freshly cooked peas, gravy and apple sauce.