Salt n pepper pork ribs
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 30 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •800g pork ribs, cut into riblets
- •2 tablespoon salt
- •2 tablespoon pepper
- •1.5 cups plain flour or potato flour
- •1 teaspoon sugar
- •1/3 cup chinese cooking wine or mirin
- •Oil for deep frying
- •Coriander leaves
- •Diced red chilli
- 1.Marinate the pork ribs in the sugar and cooking wine for 20 minutes.
- 2.Add oil into a deep medium sized pot over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 3.Mix the flour with the salt and pepper.
- 4.Place ribs into the flour mixture and deep fry in the oil for 3-4 minutes in batches or until golden brown.
- 5.Take out ribs onto a plate with paper towel to absorb the oil.
- 6.Serve ribs sprinkled with coriander leaves and red chilli slices.
Ribs can be fried a second time for some extra crunch.