Salt & Pepper Pork with Lemon Mayo
Prep time 20 minutes Cook time 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •650g thin pork leg steaks, cut into thin strips
- •1/3 cup cornflour
- •3 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- •½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- •1 teaspoon Chinese 5-spice powder
- •1 teaspoon finely ground white pepper
- •½ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- •vegetable oil, for deep frying
- •lemon wedges, to serve
- •1 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- •2 tablespoons lemon juice
- •1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1.To make lemon mayo, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season. Set aside.
- 2.Combine cornflour, salt, chilli flakes, 5-spice powder, white pepper and black pepper in a large snap lock bag or bowl. Add pork and toss until lightly coated with spice mixture.
- 3.Half fill a medium saucepan with oil and heat over a medium heat. To test if the oil is hot enough, sprinkle a few breadcrumbs into the hot oil and if they sizzle and rise to the top the oil is ready for deep-frying.
- 4.When oil is hot, deep-fry pork, in small batches, until golden and crisp. Using a slotted spoon transfer to a large tray lined with paper towel. Serve pork with lemon mayo and lemon wedges.