- •500g pork ribs (cut into pieces)
- •2 tablespoons fish sauce
- •2 tablespoons sugar
- •2 limes (for their juice)
- •1 teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
- •1 birdseye chilli (add more if you like it hot)
- •1 long red chilli (add more if you like it hot)
- •1 tablespoon dried chilli flakes
- •5 pieces sliced galangal
- •4 pieces sliced ginger
- •2 stalks of lemongrass
- •5 Kaffir lime leaves (torn)
- •2 roots and stalks of coriander
- •3 eschallots
- •5 garlic cloves
- •Fresh chilli
- •Spring onions
- •Chopped mint
- 1.Place pork ribs, garlic, lemongrass, galangal, ginger chillies, dried chilli, kaffir lime leaves and eschallots in a pot, and cover with water. Bring up to boil.
- 2.Season with fish sauce, sugar, salt and allow to simmer for 1 hour.
- 3.Add in coriander stalks and roots. Continue to simmer for another 20 minutes.
- 4.Adjust seasoning as needed. Add chilli powder.
- 5.Add lime juice, mix well and then remove from heat.
- 6.Garnish with thinly sliced chopped spring onions, fresh chilli and chopped mint.