Sausage & penne pasta bake
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 30 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 thick Italian pork sausages
- •500ml tomato & basil pasta sauce
- •1 garlic clove, chopped
- •1 small onion, diced
- •1 cup grated tasty cheese
- •½ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- •350g cooked penne pasta
- •Garlic bread
- •Baby basil leaves to garnish
- 1.Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2.Heat the frying pan over a medium heat and cook sausages well on all sides for 6-8 minutes. Remove sausages from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Slice into thick slices diagonally.
- 3.Using the same pan, fry the garlic and onion together until soft. Add in the pasta sauce, sliced sausages and the penne pasta.
- 4.Spoon the pasta mixture into a greased baking dish and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 5.Place the baking dish into the preheated oven for 20 minutes until cheese is golden and brown.
- 6.Serve hot with shaved Parmesan, basil leaves and sliced crusty garlic bread.