Schnitty Pork Bao Buns with Sriracha Mayo
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 8 people
- •4 x 150g pork loin steaks
- •1 ½ cups kewpie mayonnaise
- •2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- •4 red Asian shallots
- •Sunflower oil for shallow frying
- •2 tbs sriracha
- •10 baby cucumbers
- •1 bunch coriander leaves
- •8 frozen bao buns (found at Asian food stores), cooked to packet instructions
- 1.Place one pork steak between two pieces of baking paper, and use a mallet, or rolling pin to wack out to 1mm thickness. Cut into two schnitzels and set aside. Continue with remaining pork.
- 2.Place 1 cup of kewpie mayonnaise in one bowl. Place bread crumbs in a separate bowl. Coat pork completely in kewpie mayonnaise then press firmly into panko breadcrumbs to coat. Set aside on a lined baking tray and continue with remaining pork and crumb. Place in fridge or chiller.
- 3.Heat 2cm of oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add shallots and cook for 1 minute or until golden and crispy. Remove shallots from pan and set aside on paper towel to drain.
- 4.Return oil to heat. Remove pork from fridge and place in pan. Cook, turning halfway, for 4 minutes or until cooked through.
- 5.Combine remaining ½ cup kewpie mayonnaise and sriracha together in a bowl.
- 6.Spoon mayo into bao buns, add a piece of pork, coriander and cucumber. Finish with crispy shallots and serve immediately.