Slow cooked smoky ribs
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 1 hour 30 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 x 4 pork rib racks
- •400ml ginger beer
- •1 cup brown sugar
- •1 cup smoky BBQ sauce
- •2 cinnamon sticks
- •1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1.Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- 2.Combine all ingredients in a large jug and mix well.
- 3.Pour the marinade over the pork ribs and allow to marinate for as long as possible.
- 4.Place the ribs into the oven and cook for 1 ½ hours basting frequently until sauce is thick and gooey.
- 5.Serve ribs hot with a potato salad and crusty bread and a bowl of warm water for sticky fingers.
Ribs may be prepared in a slow cooker, however it may take a little more time and the sauce may need to be reduced for serving.