Slow cooked Tuscan pork hock
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 1 hour 30 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •1 tablespoon olive oil
- •2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- •4 pork hocks, sliced
- •400g diced tomatoes
- •40g tomato paste
- •1 cup red wine
- •2 tablespoons rosemary leaves
- •100g split green olives
- •Salt and pepper to taste
- •Green lentils to serve
- 1.Heat oil in a large pan over a medium heat and sauté garlic for 2 minutes. Brown hock pieces well.
- 2.Stir in tomatoes, red wine and rosemary. Bring to the boil.
- 3.Toss in green olives and season with salt and pepper, cover and place in the preheated oven at 160⁰C for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until meat is soft and tender.
- 4.Serve with cooked green lentils and garnish with Parmesan cheese.
This dish is also delicious served with polenta.