Spiced Barbecue Sauce Glazed Boneless Ham
Prep time 25 minutes Cook time 55 minutes
Serves 20 people
- •7-8 kg boneless leg ham, rind removed
- •Dijon mustard and coleslaw, to serve
Spiced Barbecue Sauce Glaze
- •¾ cup good-quality barbecue sauce (see tips)
- •¼ cup brown sugar
- •3 teaspoons smokey paprika
- •1 ½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- •1 ½ tablespoons malt vinegar
- •1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1.Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced.
- 2.Using a sharp knife, score the ham fat crossways at 1 cm intervals. Place ham on a greased rack in a large baking dish lined with foil (see tips).
- 3.To make the spiced barbecue sauce glaze, combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Stir and bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until thick and sticky.
- 4.Evenly brush ham with half of the glaze. Bake for 45-50 minutes, brushing the remaining glaze halfway through cooking, until deep reddish brown. Stand for 30 minutes.
- 5.Slice and serve ham warm or cold with extra Dijon mustard and coleslaw on the side.
General InformationFor ease, place the ham in a disposable foil roasting dish.
We used Stubbs brand barbecue sauce for the glaze. It has an excellent flavour.
For an extra kick of spice, add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the glaze.