Spiced pork chops with tomato & chickpeas
Prep time 35 minutes Cook time 50 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •¼ cup olive oil
- •3 garlic cloves, crushed
- •2 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning
- •4 (about 250g each) pork loin chops, rind off
- •1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- •2 large carrots, trimmed and diced
- •400g can diced tomatoes
- •1 cup salt reduced chicken stock
- •400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- •60g baby spinach leaves
- •75g feta, crumbled
- •Couscous and lemon wedges, to serve
- 1.Combine 2 tablespoons oil, garlic and Moroccan seasoning in a large snap-lock bag. Add pork chops, seal bag and rub to coat chops with seasoning mixture. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or longer, if time permits.
- 2.Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add pork chops and cook for 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Set aside.
- 3.Add onion and carrots to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Pour tomatoes and stock into pan, stir to combine, cover and bring to the boil.
- 4.Add pork chops to pan. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until chops are cooked through and carrots are tender. Stir in chickpeas. Toss through the spinach and cook until just wilted. Sprinkle with feta. Serve with couscous and lemon wedges.