Spiced pork cutlets with minted pea couscous
Prep time 20 minutes Cook time 12 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- •1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- •½ teaspoon allspice
- •4 (about 250g each) pork cutlets, rind off
- •Pan-fried lemon wedges, to serve
Minted pea couscous
- •1 ½ cups couscous
- •1 ½ cups frozen green peas
- •1 ½ cups boiling water
- •1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- •1 tablespoon lemon juice
- •1/3 cup small mint leaves
- •1/3 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1.Preheat oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan-forced. Combine 1 tablespoon oil, cinnamon and allspice in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Place pork on a plate and brush both sides with the oil mixture.
- 2.Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden. Transfer to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Place pork in oven and cook for 8-10 minutes until just cooked through. Remove from oven, cover and rest for 5 minutes. Remove the toothpicks.
- 3.Meanwhile, place couscous and frozen peas into a large heatproof bowl. Pour over the boiling water, cover and set aside for 5 minutes. Fluff grains using a fork. Stir through oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Gently toss through the mint and sprinkle with almonds.
- 4.Drizzle pork with pan juices and serve with the minted pea couscous and pan-fried lemon wedges.