Spiced Redcurrant & Pomegranate Molasses Glazed Ham
Prep time 30 minutes Cook time 60 minutes
Serves 20 people
- •1 x 8-10 kg leg of ham, rind removed
- •Cloves, for studding (about 2 tablespoons)
- •Extra red currant jelly, to serve
Spiced redcurrant & pomegranate molasses glaze
- •1 cup redcurrant jelly
- •1/3 cup pomegranate molasses
- •2 cinnamon sticks
- •4 star anise
- •2 cloves
- 1.Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Using a sharp knife or Stanley knife, score the ham fat lengthways at 1cm intervals. Stud the ham lengthways with cloves.
- 2.Place ham on a greased rack in a large baking pan lined with foil (see tip in 'General Information' tab).
- 3.To make the glaze, combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4.Brush the ham fat two to three times to evenly coat with glaze. Cook ham, brushing with remaining glaze occasionally, for 45-50 minutes or until ham is golden and caramelised. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
- 5.Slice and serve warm or cold with extra redcurrant jelly.
For ease, use a large disposable foil roasting pan and place on a large baking tray.