Spicy Pork Larb Salad
Prep time 25 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •150g dried thin rice noodles
- •1 bunch coriander with roots, washed and dried
- •1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- •1 red onion, finely chopped
- •2 long red chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
- •2 garlic cloves, crushed
- •2cm piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- •500g pork mince
- •2 tablespoons fish sauce
- •2 tablespoons lime juice
- •2 tablespoons palm sugar
- •100g green beans, cut into 2cm pieces
- •8 lettuce leaves
- •1 carrot, finely shredded lengthways
- •coriander sprigs, mint leaves, sliced green onions (shallots) and lime wedges
- 1.Prepare noodles as per packet instructions.
- 2.Finely chop coriander roots. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add coriander roots, onion, chillies, garlic and ginger to pan. Cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes or until softened.
- 3.Add pork mince and cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, for 10-12 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- 4.Whisk fish sauce, lime juice and palm sugar in a jug. Add to pork mixture and stir until combined. Add beans and cook for 1 minute.
- 5.Arrange lettuce leaves, carrot and rice noodles in serving bowls. Spoon over pork mixture. Sprinkle with coriander sprigs, mint leaves and green onions. Serve with lime wedges.