Spicy Pork with Avocado & Black Bean Smash Tacos
Prep time 25 minutes Cook time 10 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •¼ cup lime juice
- •1 teaspoon smokey paprika
- •½ teaspoon Mexican chilli powder
- •2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- •750g pork scotch fillet, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- •8 large flour tortillas
- •Olive oil spray
- •400g packet fresh ranch salad or coleslaw mix
- •250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- •½ cup reduced fat sour cream
- •Coriander leaves, jalapeno chilli and lime wedges, to serve
Avocado & black bean smash
- •1 large or 2 medium just-ripe avocados, peeled and deseeded
- •1 garlic clove, crushed
- •2 tablespoons lime juice
- •400g black beans, drained and rinsed
- •½ cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1.Combine lime juice, paprika, chilli powder and garlic in a shallow ceramic dish. Add pork and toss to coat. Cover and chill for 15 minutes (longer if time permits).
- 2.Meanwhile, to make the avocado & black bean smash, place avocado, garlic and lime juice in a bowl. Roughly mash using a fork. Stir through black beans and coriander. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- 3.Preheat a greased char-grill pan on medium heat. Drain pork. Char-grill pork in batches, turning occasionally, for 3-4 minutes until just cooked through. Transfer pork to a plate, cover and rest for 5 minutes.
- 4.Spray tortillas with oil on both sides. Char-grill tortillas, one at a time, over medium-high heat, until light golden and crisp.
- 5.Dividing ingredients, top each tortilla with ranch slaw or coleslaw mix, pork, avocado & black bean smash, tomatoes and sour cream. Serve with coriander, sliced jalapeno chilli and lime wedges.