Sticky BBQ pork ribs with potato salad
Prep time 30 minutes Cook time 2 hours
Serves 4 people
- •2kg pork spare ribs (3-4 racks)
- •½ cup water
- •¾ cup BBQ sauce
- •¼ cup tomato sauce
- •1 tablespoon paprika
- •1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- •2 tablespoon brown sugar
- •1 tablespoon white vinegar
- •2 teaspoons garlic powder
- •500g potatoes, cut into cubes
- •½ lemon, juiced
- •½ cup egg mayonnaise
- •¼ red onion, thinly diced
- •½ cup of bacon bits or diced ham
- •¼ cup basil, ripped
- •Grilled corn
- 1.Combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl and place the ribs in the marinade and refrigerate overnight or for at least 20 minutes.
- 2.Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- 3.Remove the ribs from the bowl and place them on a roasting pan along with ¼ cup of water. Keep the bowl of marinade to the side.
- 4.Cover the roasting pan with foil and bake for 1.5 hours until ribs are tender.
- 5.Turn the oven up to 180 degrees celsius and remove the foil.
- 6.Cook for a further 30 minutes, basting every 10 minutes with the leftover marinade.
- 7.For the potato salad, boil the cubed potatoes until soft.
- 8.Mix potatoes well with the mayonnaise, red onion, bacon, basil and lemon juice.
- 9.Brush the ribs one last time with pan juices and serve with potato salad, gherkins and corn cobs.