Sticky Chipotle Pork Ribs with Burnt Butter Corn
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 2 hours 30 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •2kg American style pork ribs
- •4 heads corn
- •50g unsalted butter
- •1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- •1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- •2 tbs brown sugar
- •1 ½ tbs sweet smoked paprika
- •2 tsp ground cumin
- •2 tsp each, salt flakes, garlic powder, onion powder
- •1/3 cup adobo sauce (from chipotle in adobo)
- •1/3 cup tomato sauce
- •1/3 cup bbq sauce
- •2 tbs maple syrup
- •2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- •1 tsp onion powder
- •1 tsp garlic powder
- 1.Combine all the ‘dry rub’ ingredients together. Rub all over the pork and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 2.Preheat oven to 160 Celsius (140 fan).
- 3.Place two large pieces of alfoil on the benchtop, slightly overlapping. Place a large piece of baking paper in the centre. Top with the pork then wrap to enclose.
- 4.Place on a roasting tray and roast for 2 hours or until the pork is tender.
- 5.Meanwhile for the sauce, combine all the ingredients in a saucepan, bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 3-4 minutes then remove from the heat.
- 6.Increase oven to 220 Celsius. Remove the pork from the oven and unwrap the pork. Brush with the sauce and roast for a further 20 minutes, basting every 5 minutes. Place the corn on another tray and roast in the skins until tender.
- 7.Meanwhile, heat the butter in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Once the butter turns brown, remove from the heat, season and add the fennel and coriander seeds.
- 8.Brush corn with brown butter and serve with ribs.