Sticky Kecap Manis Belly Skewers with Peanuts and Chilli
Prep time 20 minutes Cook time 2 hours 30 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •3/4 cup kecap manis
- •2 garlic cloves, very finely grated
- •1 tbs grated ginger
- •¼ cup fish sauce
- •2 limes, juiced, plus extra to serve
- •1.5kg pork belly
- •1 each, long green chilli and long red chilli, chopped
- •1/3 cup chopped salted peanuts, roasted
- •1 thinly shaved spring onion
- 1.Preheat oven to 160 (140 fan forced).
- 2.Combine the kecap manis, garlic, ginger, fish sauce and lime juice in a dish.
- 3.Combine ½ of the mixture with ½ cup water and place in a roasting dish with the pork belly. Cover with baking paper and foil and roast for 2 hours until pork is tender.
- 4.Peel skin off pork and discard then set pork aside to cool slightly.
- 5.Drain the cooking liquid from the pan and combine with the reserved marinade.
- 6.Place in a saucepan over medium heat, bring to a simmer and cook for 5-10 minutes until reduced and sticky.
- 7.Increase oven to 220.
- 8.Thinly slice the pork belly into 3 cm pieces then thread the pork onto skewers.
- 9.Place on a tray lined with baking paper and brush with the sticky sauce. Roast for a further 20 minutes, glazing often.
- 10.Meanwhile combine the peanuts and chilli.
- 11.Arrange pork skewers on a serving platter. Scatter with peanut mixture and any remaining sauce and scatter with spring onion.