Strozzapretti with BBQ Pork Fillet, Roasted Capsicums, Chickpeas & Salsa Verde
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 12 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •500g pork fillet
- •sea salt flakes and freshly-ground black pepper
- •¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- •2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- •1 teaspoon ground cumin
- •1 bunch parsley leaves
- •½ bunch mint leaves
- •½ bunch thyme leaves
- •6 cloves garlic
- •2 anchovy fillets finely-grated
- •zest and juice of 1 lemon
- •400g strozzapretti pasta
- •1 cup roasted red capsicum, cut into strips
- •400g chickpeas, drained
- •1 cup ricotta, crumbled
- •2 tablespoons toasted flaked almonds
- 1.Season the pork with salt and pepper, then rub with 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil. Mix 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil with the paprika and cumin. Cook the pork over a hot barbecue grill or ribbed griddle for 8 minutes, turning several times, basting with the spice oil Set aside to rest.
- 2.Meanwhile, combine the herbs, garlic, anchovies, zest, juice and remaining olive oil in a blender and purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3.Cook the strozzapretti pasta according to manufacturer’s instruction in rapidly-boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well, then toss in herb sauce with the capsicum, chickpeas, ricotta and almonds. Carve the pork and arrange on top.