Swedish Pork Meatballs
Prep time 25 minutes Cook time 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- •2 tablespoons cream
- •500g pork mince
- •1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- •2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- •2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- •½ teaspoon allspice
- •1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- •1 tablespoon olive oil
- •40g butter
- •2 tablespoons plain flour
- •1 ½ cups chicken stock
- •1/3 cup cream
- •1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- •Extra chopped dill, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce, to serve
- 1.To make the pork meatballs, combine breadcrumbs and cream in a large bowl and stand for 5 minutes.
- 2.Add pork mince, onion, garlic, dill, allspice and egg yolk. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- 3.Roll mixture into 16 meatballs and place onto a tray. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- 4.Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5.Transfer to a plate. Wipe the pan clean using paper towel and tongs.
- 6.Add butter to the pan and heat over medium heat.
- 7.Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, until pale brown. Gradually whisk in the stock until smooth.
- 8.Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes or until thickening.
- 9.Add pork meatballs and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Stir in cream and mustard.
- 10.Scatter with chopped dill and serve with mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce.