Sweet and Sour Pork Fritters
Prep time 30 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
Learn how to make Adrian Richardson's easy recipe for delicious sweet and sour pork fritters.
For the fritters
- •500g pork mince
- •1 large carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
- •1-inch piece ginger, microplaned
- •2 cloves garlic, microplaned
- •½ bunch coriander, finely chopped
- •1 red onion, finely sliced
- •1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- •100g wombok (Chinese cabbage), shredded
- •2 spring onion, finely chopped
- •2 egg
- •1 cup self-raising flour
Sweet and sour dressing
- •3 tablespoon Asian red vinegar, to taste
- •2 tablespoon soy sauce, or taste
- •1 lemon, juiced
- •1 lime, juiced
- •1 spring onion, finely chopped
- •½ inch ginger, microplaned
- •1 garlic clove, microplaned
- •1 red chilli, finely chopped
- •1 teaspoon sugar
- •Vegetable oil, for frying
- •Iceberg lettuce, to serve
- 1.Place all the fritter ingredients in a bowl, and mix through to combine well (with hands work best). Roll out into little golf ball-sized fritters. Place all the fritter ingredients in a bowl, and mix through to combine well (with hands work best). Roll out into little golf ball-sized fritters.
- 2.Heat the oil to perfect frying temperature (170°C). Carefully drop the fritters in one at a time and fry until golden. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- 3.Mix the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl, taste and adjust soy/vinegar and sugar to your taste.
- 4.Serve fritters in a leaf of lettuce with a drizzle of sweet and sour dressing on top.