Tangy pulled pork slider
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 2 hours 30 minutes
Serves 12 people
- •1.5-2kg pork scotch roast
- •400ml tomato puree
- •1 cup apple cider vinegar
- •1 cup brown sugar
- •1 cup BBQ sauce
- •1 cup water
- •1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- •12-16 small buns
- •1 cup quality mayonnaise
- •100g rocket leaves
- 1.Place pork scotch roast into a deep baking dish.
- 2.In a large deep saucepan combine the tomato puree, vinegar, brown sugar, BBQ sauce, water and mustard. Cook stirring over a medium heat until sauce boils, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- 3.Pour ½ the sauce over the pork and roll to coat, cover baking dish with 2 layers of foil. Place Pork scotch in the preheated oven 160c for 2 hours basting and turning pork every 30 minutes. Remove pork from oven and cool in the baking dish 30 minutes.
- 4.Remove pork from baking dish and using two forks pull the pork into small pieces and strands. Place pork into the remaining sauce and heat through.
- 5.Spread buns top and bottom with mayonnaise, top liberally with pulled BBQ pork and finish with rocket leaves. Serve immediately.
Pulled Pork may be prepared well ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up 5 days. BBQ Pulled Pork is also delicious served with dill pickles and potato salad.