Thai hot n sour pork rib soup
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 1 hour 10 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •1kg pork ribs, cut into riblets
- •4 tablespoon fish sauce
- •2 teaspoon sugar
- •4 limes, juiced
- •4 stalks of lemongrass
- •5 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- •1 bunch of coriander, roots and leaves roughly diced
- •70 grams galangal, thinly sliced
- •6 garlic cloves, crushed
- •5 small red chillies (or to taste)
- •3 eshallots, thinly sliced
- •Chilli flakes
- •Sliced spring onion
- 1.In a large pot, bring 1.5 litres of water and the ribs to the boil.
- 2.Add in the galangal, lime leaves, eshallots, garlic and lemongrass and simmer for one hour.
- 3.Add in the lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, chilli, coriander and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- 4.Serve in bowls topped with dried chilli, mint leaves, sliced spring onion and a wedge of lime.
The chilli’s in this dish can be adjusted to taste.