Thai Red Curry Pork Meatballs with Noodles
Prep time 25 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •500g pork mince
- •½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- •1 egg, lightly beaten
- •2 green onions (shallots), trimmed and thinly sliced
- •2 garlic cloves, crushed
- •1 ½ tablespoons store-bought red curry paste
- •½ cup fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped + extra leaves, to serve
- •1 tablespoon vegetable or peanut oil
- •1/3 cup sweet chilli sauce
- •200g dried pad Thai rice noodles
- •350g packet Asian or Thai-style Salad Kit (includes dressing)
- •Lime wedges, to serve
- 1.To make meatballs, combine pork mince, breadcrumbs, egg, green onions, garlic, red curry paste and coriander in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Roll mince mixture into 20 small balls. Place on a tray, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2.Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook meatballs, turning often, for 5 minutes until evenly browned. Place meatballs onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle meatballs with sweet chilli sauce. Bake for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- 3.Meanwhile, cook noodles following packet directions. Drain and set aside. Prepare salad following packet directions.
- 4.Serve meatballs with noodles, Asian or Thai-style salad, extra coriander leaves and lime wedges.