Traditional spaghetti bolognese
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •350g lean pork mince
- •150g veal mince
- •1 tablespoon oil
- •1 teaspoon bolognese herbs
- •500g jar traditional bolognese pasta sauce with red wine
- •400g can tomatoes, diced
- •400g freshly cooked spaghetti
- •Shaved Parmesan to serve
- 1.Heat oil in a deep frying pan over high heat.
- 2.Brown the pork and veal mince well for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3.Add the herbs, Bolognese sauce and diced tomatoes to the pan. Stir and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- 4.Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5.Serve hot over freshly cooked spaghetti, garnish with Parmesan cheese and basil leaves.
Lasagne can be made from this sauce. Make double and freeze half for up to 3 months in an air-tight container.